Fruits are, without a doubt, essential in any healthy diet. Each of them provides essential nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber, and benefits that are unique to health and help us maintain a full life. It is important that we incorporate a wide variety of fruits into our daily diet, obtaining their countless benefits.
What are the best known tropical fruits?
Tropical fruits are an exceptional gift that nature gives us that not only allow us to enjoy delicious flavors, but also provide us with countless health benefits. ANDAmong the most well-known and tasty fruits that we can find, the following stand out:
- Avocado: Although it may be surprising, the avocado is a tropical fruit native to Central America. With a smooth and creamy texture, it is distinguished by being an excellent source of healthy fats and essential nutrients, such as vitamin E and potassium.
- Mango: Known as the “king of tropical fruits”, the mango is native to India and is recognized for its sweet and tasty flavor. Rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, fiber and potassium, this fruit is an excellent option to enjoy something sweet and healthy.
- Orange: Being one of the most well-known and valued fruits, this tropical fruit is native to Southeast Asia. It stands out for being an excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants, strengthening the immune system.
- Medlar: Also known as the “fruit of paradise”, this fruit is native to China and has spread throughout the world thanks to its delicious flavor. It stands out for being a delicious and nutritious option, packed with vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants.
- Custard apple: Recognized as “the fruit of the gods” by the ancient Incas, the cherimoya is a tropical fruit grown in South America and is a rich source of potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and antioxidants.
These are just some of the recognized and famous tropical fruits that it is possible to find and enjoy. Their exquisite flavors and incredible nutritional benefits make them ideal options to incorporate into our diet.
Where are tropical fruits grown?
Tropical fruits find their home in a wide variety of warm, tropical regions around the world, each of them provides a perfect environment for the development of these delicacies, allowing them to reach their maximum flavor and texture.
Tropical and subtropical areas are generally the ideal environment for growing tropical fruits thanks to their warm temperatures year-round, with few seasonal changes. The abundant sun and humidity provide an optimal environment so that they can be grown with maximum quality.
In addition, the regions that extend along the equator, known as “the tropic belt”, stand out for being exceptional for the cultivation of tropical fruits. These areas allow varieties such as mango, avocado, kiwi, papaya and pineapple to reach their maximum flavor and sweetness potential.
What fruits are native to Spain?
Spain has a wide variety of tropical fruits and fruits that have roots in its territory or that have adapted perfectly to the climatic conditions of certain regions. Among them it is possible to mention:
- Orange: It is one of the most emblematic fruits of Spain and is grown in regions such as Valencia and Andalusia.
- Custard apple: Although native to South America, the cherimoya has successfully adapted to Spain in areas such as the Canary Islands.
- Mango: Like the custard apple, the mango has found an ideal environment for its cultivation and production in Spanish lands.
- Lemon: Lemons are grown in Spain, especially in warm and Mediterranean regions.
- Figs: Figs are a native fruit of Spain and are mainly grown in the regions of Andalusia and Extremadura.
- Avocado: This fruit has adapted to the climatic conditions of the south of the country, in areas such as Andalusia and the Mediterranean coast.
Where are tropical fruits grown in Spain?
Thanks to the climatic diversity and favorable conditions of certain Spanish regions, the cultivation of tropical fruits has developed successfully. The Canary Islands are a true paradise for fruit cultivation, where the subtropical climate and the influence of the ocean provide the conditions for the cultivation of cherimoya, mango and avocado. On the Mediterranean coast, especially in the Valencian Community and the Andalusian coast, mango and avocado thrive thanks to their warm sun and suitable soil. Likewise, in the south of Spain, in regions such as Malaga and Almería, avocado, mango and other tropical fruits find a home due to their warm and sunny climate.
Benefits of tropical fruits for our body
In addition to being a delicious option to enjoy, Tropical fruits provide a wide variety of benefits to our health. Among the main benefits of the most notable tropical fruits we can mention:
- Medlar: It is an excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants, helping to strengthen the immune system and protecting us from diseases.
- Custard apple: It is a rich source of potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and antioxidants, helping to maintain heart health and regulate blood pressure.
- Orange: famous for being an excellent source of vitamin C, it strengthens our immune system and promotes healthy skin by stimulating collagen production.
- Mango: It is a fruit rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and antioxidants, recognized for its benefits for eye health, skin and the immune system.
- Avocado- This tropical fruit offers healthy fats, such as monounsaturated fatty acids, which are beneficial for the heart and circulatory system.
In addition to these benefits, these fruits are usually rich in fiber, promoting good digestion and helping to keep us satiated for longer.
What is the healthiest fruit for our health?
Choosing just one fruit as the healthiest for our health is quite a challenge, since each one offers unique benefits. However, Avocado stands out as one of the healthiest fruits thanks to its incredible benefits for the heart and its ability to reduce LDL cholesterol. In addition, being a rich source of essential nutrients, such as vitamin E, potassium and fiber, it contributes to a balanced and healthy diet.
What diseases does the loquat relieve?
The loquat stands out for having medicinal properties that help relieve certain diseases. Thanks to its high fiber content, loquat can help with digestive problems such as diarrhea and indigestion since it regulates intestinal transit and improves digestive function. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties., being the ideal ally to combat oxidative stress and reduce inflammation in the body. Likewise, it is beneficial for heart health, thanks to its potassium content, and an essential mineral for keeping blood pressure under control.
What diseases does orange help prevent?
Orange is a highly nutritious fruit that can help prevent multiple diseases. Among the diseases that it can prevent are:
- Cold and flu: Thanks to its high content of vitamin C, orange strengthens the immune system, helping to fight viral infections, such as colds and flu.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Orange contains antioxidants, such as flavonoids and vitamin C, which can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases by protecting blood vessels and reducing inflammation.
- Hypertension: The potassium it contains can help regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension.
- eye diseases: Thanks to their content of carotenoids, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, oranges are beneficial for eye health, helping to prevent diseases such as cataracts.
- Constipation: Oranges promote good digestion thanks to their fiber content.
Where to buy tropical fruits online in Spain
When you are looking to buy tropical fruits online, it is essential to have suppliers that offer the highest quality and delicious flavor. At Fajardo Tropical, we guarantee top quality fruits that you can receive in just 48 hours anywhere in Europe.. From the moment of planting, we are committed to each stage of the process, caring for and guaranteeing a successful crop that produces fruits of the highest quality.